December 11, 2011

Pineapple Cookies

It's not Christmas time without a batch of Pineapple Cookies somewhere in my life. Since moving out of my parent's house I've been responsible for creating these every year. My mother still does, as well. But my father typically eats them all before I ever see them.

Pineapple Cookies

Ingrendients:
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 C butter, softened
2 eggs
1 C crushed pineapple, undrained
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cool water
3 1/2 C flour
1 C chopped nuts
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter and sugar. While the mixer is doing it's thing, measure out pineapple in juice. Add soda and water.
To the creamed butter/sugar mixture, beat in eggs, one at a time. Blend in pineapple mixture. Fold in flour, salt and nuts.
Drop by large tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes at 350.
Let cookies cool. Enjoy as is, or drizzle with frosting (recipe below.)

Frosting recipe:
3 Tbsp crushed pineapple with juice
2 Tbsp white corn syrup
2 Tbsp sugar
~2 C powdered sugar

Boil pineapple, corn syrup and sugar. Sift in powdered sugar until thickened to desirable consistency. Drizzle over coolies. Allow to cool.

Moose Tracks:
These cookies are quite bread-like in consistency.
To store, stack between sheets of wax paper. These bad boys will stick to each other like crazy.

1 comment:

  1. These sound so nummy! I am always looking for unique cookies to enter at my County Fair in Nebraska. I think I have found my cookie for this year's fair! Thanks! ~Dee~

    ReplyDelete